Weekly Message: September 11

 September 11, 2026  

It was a short but busy week in Grade ½. We went on a visit to the school library, and worked together to come up with our “Classroom Promise”. We also did a lot of running around during PE this week as we played “Rock, Paper, Scissors Battle.” For Walking Wednesday, we drew a picture of our classroom tree (that we selected) with the title "Our Tree in Summer."


Learning Intentions:

  • I can represent quantities, using words and natural numbers

  • I can skip count by 2s

  • I can recognize quantities

  • I can share my thinking using language

  • I can demonstrate how fair play encourages participation

  • I can share my ideas with words and pictures


Our week focused on building a “Classroom Promise” that reflects how we would like our classroom to sound, look, and feel as we learn together. We engaged in read alouds, including our favourite- I Promise. We discussed and shared what makes a good classmate and friend and students drew and wrote about how they can be one. Together, we made treaty medallions to represent our commitment to the Classroom Promise. 


Ways to Continue the Learning At Home:

  • Read together each evening- have your student share about their favourite read-aloud of the week.

  • Have your student teach you our latest math game- “Battle”


Important Dates and Reminders:

  • Please do not send any nut products in snacks or lunches

  • Open House and Corn Roast, September 17, 2026

  • Walking Field Trip to the Community Garden, September 18, 2026.

* We will be walking to harvest. If you have current volunteer clearance and are interested in helping out, please contact me.

  • Terry Fox Run, September 24, 2026

  • We plan to go outside every day (so please send your child dressed for the weather.)


I hope to see everyone at the Open House on Thursday. As always, please feel free to reach out. I am enjoying getting to know our sweet class!












Comments